Sunday 30 November 2014

My Temporary Pseudonym wuwt.fan.4.6.years – A Little Deception Went a Long Way

My Temporary Pseudonym wuwt.fan.4.6.years – A Little Deception Went a Long Way. Bob Tisdale has a new blog, which consists of copying stuff from Sou and using her real name as often as possible in an effort to be obnoxious. As you'd expect, he succeeds. His proud boast was "The comments are open…there’s no moderation, except for comments with 3 or more links" but that didn't last very long. He's now down to moderating them all, which is far more strict than most people. I don't know what it was that pushed him over the edge, but he was fragile: look how quickly he calls "sauerkraut" a troll and makes him as unwelcome as he possibly can, without explictly banning him; although of course its impossible to tell whether sauerkraut has been suppressed.

The new moderation policy says I tried to let comments appear on this blog without moderation.  Some people took advantage of it right from the get go, and I’ve left those comments intact as examples the absurdity of my early policy efforts. (Update: But I will be snipping them in the near future.) 

So I left him a comment in respect of his "update":

I certainly hope so. You've done a pretty good job of not rejecting comments merely because you dislike them, a state of tolerance that shames WUWT. It will be spiffy for anyone who dislikes the Dork Side if you retrospectively whitewash over them.

(Your comment is awaiting moderation. November 30, 2014 at 3:33 pm)

2 comments:

  1. You'll discover your comment was posted, William, and that I noted you're no longer welcome at any of my blogs.

    Have a good day.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it was. Here's my reply, since you promise to post-no-more:

      I've never been welcome here; all that's changed is that you've decided to censor me. Or not; we'll see. As for your name: you're surely not complaining about being "outed" are you? I'm normally not keen on that (see http://scienceblogs.com/stoat/2012/04/27/rp-sr-is-a-tosser/ for example) but in the context of this blog, you can hardly complain.

      I'm afraid I don't understand your "attempt to" comment; the link to your address is still there.

      Your comment is awaiting moderation.
      November 30, 2014 at 9:07 pm

      Delete